The Cartoon Network logo used on the channels official launch on October 1, 1992, featuring a 7x2 grid with alternating black and white patterns. Around this time, Cartoon Network launched to only a handful of cable operators. This logo is still used occasionally in bylines, end of shows like Codename: Kids Next Door, and the like, though it is no longer used as an onscreen logo, but its still used on Cartoon Network licensed consumer packagaging. The 1992-present logo is still in the seasons 1-present (2011-present) British intro of The Amazing World of Gumball.
2004-2010EditAnimal Logic in Sydney, Australia creating new 3D-animated graphics and IDs.
- While our programming has always been innovative and fluid, the on-air packaging surrounding the original and acquired material has remained relatively unchanged over the lifespan of our median age viewer, typically a child between the ages of 6-8 years old. So we embarked on this significant undertaking a little more than a year ago to be ready to reveal an all-new environment in time for peak viewing and sampling during the summer months.
- The new logo, simply provided a more contemporary, flexible, design-driven option for our animators to use or manipulate in a variety of creative ways on-air.
On May 29, 2010, Cartoon Network implemented an updated logo (remodified) in the US. The new look was created by Cartoon Network's in-house team and Brand New School. The new tagline for the network became 'CHECK it', a play on the network's checkerboard logo. The checkerboard theme is used extensively in the new look. It was first used in bumpers featuring Chewbacca to promote the 3rd season (season finale) of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The new logo was launched in many European countries in November 2010, including Germany.
In the HD version, right next to the 2010-present Cartoon Network logo, the "HD" was replaced by the blank United States in 2013 and not replaced by the blank in United Kingdom/Ireland anytime.
- Cartoon Network/Other
- Cartoon Network/Logo Variations
- Cartoon Network/Promos
- Cartoon Network/Groovies
- Cartoon Network/On-Screen Watermarks
- Cartoon Network/Anniversary